FromA2B is underway!!  Being the lowest point of continental Asia, my journey started at 3.30pm from Palawan Beach, Sentosa Island, Singapore on Saturday.  I was lucky enough to be joined at the start by close friends Matt, Sarah, Daryl as well as girlfriend Donna and her sister Jodie.  After taking a few photos by the beach we were driven under escort off Sentosa and on to Singapore where we had lunch by the Marina.  Having driven down from Malaysia the day before we simply had to get back to Kuala Lumpur, from where a launch ceremony would be conducted the next day.  Customs was straight forward and we rode under cover of darkness for three hours to reach Kuala Lumpur just before 11pm.  Fortunately dinner was on the table and we all passed out pretty soon after.

Day 2 started with a breakfast ceremony and flag off from sponsors The Big Bike Shop and Royal Enfield, Puchong Gateway.  And so it was, thirty bikes roaring down the highway to see me off on the adventure to be. What an amazing sight! Many thanks to Shahrin Shamsudin and the guys at The Big Bike Shop and Royal Enfield, Puchong Gateway and Gregory Broux from Saint Mondiale. I look forward to hearing how much money was raised for ActionAid from passing the helmet around.  Thanks also to Khairull Hafiz for his help in making arrangements and for joining me all the way to Thailand.

After taking the freeway for an hour or so from KL a break off group of 7 riders including Matt and Sarah took a scenic route through to Ipoh where we arrived for lunch around 4pm.  After being delayed by rain for an hour we got back on the road and took to the freeway all the way to the Thai-Malaysia border.  Again, under the cover of darkness we got through customs not long before it closed for the day and I experienced my first crossing using the vetted Carnet de Passage, essentially a passport for my bike.  Although the customs guard was seemingly interested to learn, it was me who had to show him how to complete the paperwork for my bike to gain clearance into the country.  Fortunately it didn’t take long and soon we were at our hotel, just 200m over the gate in Sadao, Thailand.  Again, many thanks to Hafiz for his help and enthusiasm and Syed who joined us from Penang to the border.  490km to Phuket today.  Onwards and upwards!!

Ps. just a note on live tracking, we are having a few teething problems that we hope to have rectified shortly.  Thanks N

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Thanks!

  1. Brian - AKA PSB "Oiler" says:

    Have an Awesome journey and stay safe…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s